Saturday 14 September 2013

Fireman Sam Easel Card

Morning everyone,

A young friend of mind has asked me to make a Fireman Sam card for her Son's birthday.  He adores Fireman Sam and she looked everywhere for a card, but they were either too small or didn't have son on them.

This scared the life out of me, I'm not that good at cards for boys and Fireman Sam is so well know, I didn't want it to look cheap.

Here is want I have come up with.


I found a website called Coloring-Book, they have got colouring pages for all different kinds of well know characters.  I chose an image of the Fireman Sam fire engine and images of the four main characters.  These have all been coloured using ProMarkers.


I chose some bright digital paper from my stash at home and placed the fire engine in the centre of the card.  I then used 3D foam to place the characters in front of the fire engine.  It's hard to see in the picture, but with Fireman Sam, I used thicker 3D foam to make him stand out from the rest.


I have wrapped red stitched ribbon around two corners on the card and used red and blue buttons from my local shop as embellishments.  The buttons have been given a stitched on effect.


To finish the easel, I have used a Happy Birthday sentiment and added in his name, coloured in with ProMarkers, as a stopper.  The same style of buttons have been added to the stopper.

My young friend is over the moon with the finished result, which I am pleased about.

I am also going to enter this card into the Inky Chicks challenge this week, which has a theme of stitching.

That's all for now, I'm off to start my next project.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment