Wednesday 17 September 2014

Golden Birthday Wishes

Good evening all

I have been on a spending spree today.  Now that I have got 6 months as a Guest Designer, I figured that a new camera was needed, so £100 later and hopefully my pictures are looking better.

These are the first photos that I have taken and yes I do need a lot of practise, but I will get there in the end.

This card has been made for Oyster Stamps.  They only expect one card a month from me, but I thought I would give them the choice of a few.  My confidence to still quiet low when it comes to the cards I make.

I have chosen white and gold as the colour theme and decided on Birthday Wishes for Mum.


Using the Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders Two die set, I have cut a border on the bottom of a piece of A5 gold Centura Pearl card.  Next, I have done the same on a slightly smaller piece of white card and layered these together.


I have then cut out a oval aperture from white card using my Cameo Silhouette and embossed this using the Spellbinders Diamond Fleur De Lis embossing folder.  From the same white card, I have cut out the French Harmony Spellbinders die, placed this behind the aperture and mounted onto gold Centura Pearl.

Into the centre, I have placed an oval with the sentiment "Birthday Wishes Mum".


The flower has been made using the Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms.  I have stamp onto white vellum using Perfect Medium and heat embossed with Heat It Up Gold Tinsel embossing powder.  This has then been cut out using the matching die, coloured with ProMarkers, shaped and layered together to form one large flower.

This flower has then been layered onto a gold organza bow and a white feather has been placed up the side of the card.


To finish, I have added tiny gold gemstones around the aperture and in the bottom corners of the card.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog - Use An Embossing Folder
Pile It On - Flowers And / Or Feathers
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes / Add Some Bling
The Pink Elephant - Embossing
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter - Ribbon, Twine And / Or Floss
The Stamping Chef - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
My Sheri Crafts - Birthday Celebrations
Card And Scrap - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - Anything Goes
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes
Crafty Boots Challenges - Anything Goes
Ruby's Rainbow - Anything Goes
Craft-Dee BowZ - Anything Goes
3 Girl Jam Challenge - Birthday Time

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment