Sunday 31 August 2014

Swans For Life

Good evening all

Why is it that your body clock never switches off?  I have been on a day off today but still managed to wake up at 6:30 this morning.  On the plus side, I did make an early start on my housework leaving more to tonight for crafting.

I seem to have a fixation on wedding cards and purple at the moment, so tonight's card has that theme.


I have embossed a square piece of purple card stock using the Die'sire Embossalicious Regency Swirl embossing folder and mounted it onto card card stock with Cosmic Shimmer PVA pearls around the edge.  Next, I have taken a triangle of white card stock, embossed it using a Spellbinders hearts embossing folder and added colour with the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Shaded Lilac ink pad.

To finish the background, I have placed a white doily into the centre and wrapped white lace around the card.


Using the Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles die set, I have cut out the second largest from purple card and layered this over the doily.

Next, I have printed the sentiment "Always & Forever" from my computer and cut it out using a smaller die from the same set.  I have inked around the edges using the same ink pad and layered it onto the purple die cut.

For the two swans, I have used the Gentle Swan from Memory Box to cut out from white card stock backed with a double sided adhesive sheet.  These have then been covered with Glamour Dust and layered using Pinflair glue to get dimension.


The flowers have been made using the Heartfelt Creations Arianna Bloom stamp.  The first colour has been stamp into the purple card stock using Perfect Medium and heat embossed with Wow Opaque Bright White embossing powder.  The second colour has been stamped exactly the same but onto white card stock and inked using the same ink pad.  The petals have then been shaped and glued together to form roses.


To finish, I have added two beaded sprigs purchased from a local wedding shop and some flat back pearls at opposite corners of the background.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Circles
Crafty Sentiments Designs - We've Gone Animal Crazy
Creative Inspirations - Flower Power
Addicted To Stamps And More! - Photo Inspiration
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Animal / Pet
Your Next Stamp Challenge Blog - Photo Inspiration
Fresh Brewed Blog - Glitter Galore
Sassy Studio Designs - It's All About Love
Fussy And Fancy Friday Challenge - Pets Or Favourite Animal
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment