Monday 24 February 2014

Butterfly Wishes

Hi all

Well day one of my holiday and I have managed to get a little bit of painting done, not as much as I was hoping for.  The radiator cover told me 2 hours just to do one coat.

Anyway, I gave up for the evening to decided to make a card instead.  I have gone for a different style to my usual tonight, there is no image, just embossing and die cuts.


I have started with a square piece of white card stock and around the edge, I have added super strong double sided tape.  This has then been covered in loose glitter.

I have then taken a piece of yellow Centura Pearl card and embossed it using the Die'sire Flower Powder embossing folder and a piece of green Centura Pearl card which has been embossed using the Die'sire Grande Dots embossing folder.

These have been layered onto the white card stock and a piece of yellow ribbon has been wrapped around the centre.


For the butterflies, I have cut one large using the Marianne Design Creatables Butterfly 2 Die and one small using the Memory Box Pippi Butterfly die, both from the yellow Centura Pearl card.

I have then cut three more of the small butteries from white card stock backed with a double sided adhesive sheet and covered in loose glitter.


For the flower I stamped the Heartfelt Creations Sun-Kissed Fleur onto yellow Centura Pearl using Perfect Medium.  I have then heat embossed with Wow Bright White embossing powder and cut out using the matching Heartfelt Creations die.  These are shaped and layered with a flat back pearl added to the centre.

Using the Spellbinders Delightful Circles die, I have cut the second larges from white card stock backed with a double sided adhesive sheet and covered in loose glitter.  The flower has then been layered onto this.

To finish the card, I have added the sentiment "Butterfly Wishes".

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Happy & Bright
Fusion Card Challenge - Sketch / Photo Inspiration
Handmade Harbour - Put Some Ribbon On It
Paper Pretties - Ribbon
Butterfly Challenge - Butterflies And Flowers
4 Crafty Chicks - Things With Wings
Crafting Musketeers - Butterflies
Simply Create Too - Use Green
A Creative Romance - Let's Get Sentimental
Crafting When We Can - Lots Of Bling
Hiding In My Craft Room - What's Buggin' Ya
Glitter n Sparkle Challenge Blog - Bright Funky Colours
Eureka Stamps - Add A Butterfly

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment