Wednesday 4 December 2013

Christmas Dad

Good evening everyone,

Today I have made a Father Christmas Card in Red, Green and Gold, this is not a colour combination that I used very often, but I thought it would be more masculine.


I have started with a square piece of red card and with a free holly stamp (the set came free with a magazine) I have randomly stamped with Perfect Medium and heat embossed using Heat It Up Gold Tinsel embossing powder.  I have then stamped and embossed on green card three large baubles and two small baubles from the same free stamp set.  The large baubles, I have scored down the centre and glued together to give more dimensions.  I have added green organza ribbon to the large bauble and green cord to the small baubles.


Using the Heartfelt Creations Sweet Juliet die set, I have created two flowers out of the same green card.  I have added a red gem brad to the centre of each flower and used Crafter's Companion Gold Glitter Stray to give them a little bit of sparkle.  I have also added some leaves cut from the same die set and also glittered.


To finish, I have added in the shape of a banner, the sentiment "Christmas Wishes Dad", which I have given a slight bow to for more dimension.  All of this has then been layered onto a piece of green card with a pierce edge.  I hope you like it.

This card is being entered into the following challenges:

My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Challenges - Red, Green and Whatever Others Colours You Like
2 Sisters Blog - Anything Goes
Glitter n Sparkle Challenge Blog - Add Some Glitter and Sparkle
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Oldie But A Goodie Challenge - Ribbon and/or Lace
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Bearly-Mine Challenges - Christmas Sentiment
Paper Pretties - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
Divas By Design - Feeling Festive
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog - Make Your Own Background
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Santa Is Coming To Town
Feeling Sketchy - Sketch
Scrap-Creations - Holiday Theme
Mema's Crafts - Winter or Christmas or Holiday

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment