Thursday 21 August 2014

Chocolate Box Wedding

Good evening all

I have learnt so much about being prepared this week.  I'm not one for having insurances on lots of different items, but because my son is a bit of a nightmare for losing or breaking things, I insured his laptop and his phone.  This has very much paid off.  The laptop went wrong at the beginning of the week with a whole years worth of college work on it, the insurance covered the repair and making sure that no data was lost. Then yesterday, we upgraded his phone and were told that as I had insured the old one they would buy it back for £100.  Believe me when I say that the old phone was only fit for the bin, result.

Anyway, todays card is an order from my colleague at work.  It is a wedding card for her son and future daughter-in-law.  She wanted chocolate box purple as the colour theme.  I have used one of my favourite digital stamp from Tiddly Inks which has been coloured using ProMarkers.


I have embossed a piece of white Centura Pearl card stock using the Die'sire Embossalicious Regency Swirls embossing folder and mounted it onto purple card stock leaving a small border around the edge.

I have then embossed a smaller piece of white Centura Pearl using a Spellbinders Hearts embossing folder and mounted it on the same card.  Next, I have cut out a heart border using my Cameo Silhouette and a cutting file from the Silhouette store.

Lilac organza ribbon has been wrapped around the centre of the background.


Using the Tonic Square Vines Affection Die Set, I have cut out a plain square from purple card and the more ornate square from Centure Pearl.  I have then used the Tonic First Crush Affections Insert Die set and cut out in the same way as the square piece.  This has been layered up using Pinflair glue to give dimension.

I have cut out the digital stamp and mounted it into the centre of the heart, again using Pinflair glue.


The flowers have been made using the Heartfelt Creations Arianna stamp and die set.  Onto purple card, I have stamped using Perfect Medium and heat embossed with Wow Silver Pearl embossing powder.  This has then been cut out, shaped and glued together to form a rose.  I have made three of this roses and placed them into the bottom left hand corner of the card.


To finish, I have printed off "Mr & Mrs Causton" and cut this out using a smaller heart shaped die.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Sketch Saturday - Sketch
Totally Gorjuss - Special Celebration
Sentimental Sundays - Monochromatic Colours
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes
Clear It Out Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Paper Minutes - Die Cuts
The Stamping Chef - Anything Goes
The Crafter's Cafe - Square Cards Only
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Celebration With Ribbon
Simply Create Too - Monochromatic Madness
Craft For The Craic - A Craft Item You Have Never Used Before (Border Cutting File)
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes
Tiddly Inks Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges - Dig Deep Use Something Old From Your Stash (Spellbinders Embossing Folder)
Nutcrafters - Celebrations
Crafty Girls Challenges - Anything Goes

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment