Friday 28 March 2014

Double Christening

Good evening all

I have been asked to make a Christening Card by a colleague at work.  I thought, that's OK until she gave me all of the details.  It's for her baby Niece and her Nephew who is 8 years old.  Not as easy as I thought.

Anyway, this is what I came up with.  It's a Triple Easel card and I have gone for a white and silver theme.


The base card is made from a sheet of white A4 Centura Pearl and has been cut and folded into a Triple Easel.

Each panel of the easel has been made using the Spellbinders Captivating Squares die set.  I have cut 3 of the largest die from Silver Mirror card.  Next I have layered a panel of white Centura Pearl into the centre of these die cuts.  I have then cut 2 of the next size down, again from Silver Mirror card and layered onto 2 of the larger die cuts.  On these two, I have printed from the computer, the names of the children being christened and placed these into the centre.

For the centre panel, I have used my Cameo Silhouette to cut a large cross from Silver Mirror card and a smaller cross from white Centura Pearl.  These have been layered onto each other with flat back pearls added and then placed onto the centre panel.


For the base, I have taken a piece of the white Centura Pearl card and embossed it with an embossing folder.  This has then been layered onto Silver Mirror card and white satin ribbon has been wrapped around it.  A little bow made from the satin ribbon has been placed in the centre to give a little interest.


To finish, I have added the sentiment "On Your Christening Day" onto a Silver Mirror card die cut which has been cut using the Spellbinders Reflective Moment die set.  This has been added to the base with foam tape to add as a stopper for the centre panel.  I have also added two flat back pearls to act as stoppers for the outside easel panels.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Eureka Stamps - No Square Cards
The Diva's That Cut - Let's Emboss It
Creative Knockouts - Texturize It
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes

That's all for now, hope you all have a fab weekend.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment